Richard L. Kaplan
Attorney at Law
As a native of Dayton, OH, Richard L. Kaplan was educated in Dayton and has been practicing law here for over 26 years.
Attorney Kaplan is a graduate of the University of Dayton Law School. Between receiving his B.S. in Criminal Justice from the University of Dayton and attending law school, he also served as a police officer for 5 years.
His legal practice is based with a heavy emphasis on divorce, dissolution, child custody and support, spousal support, and paternity. Additionally, his practice also has an emphasis on criminal and traffic offenses like DUI, OVI, OMVI, DUS, theft, domestic violence and any other crimes that a person in Ohio could be charged with.
Richard L. Kaplan is in a unique position as a lawyer. Aside from being a police officer in the past, he has been a prosecutor, an Assistant Attorney General, and an acting magistrate and judge. With all of this experience under his belt, he has the knowledge and understanding of being involved in the criminal justice system and the family court system in many different ways.
Attorney Kaplan is admitted to practice in the following Courts:
- State of Ohio
- State of Florida
- The United States Supreme Court
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals (Federal Appeals Court for Ohio)
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals (Federal Appeals Court for Florida)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Juris Doctor - The University of Dayton School of Law
- B.S. Criminal Justice - The University of Dayton